Monday, June 3, 2013

Moving and Third Anniversary Weekend!







Whew...what a weekend! We spent Friday afternoon to late late Saturday night moving from my condo to the new house.  My dad, brother, and Lindsey came over Saturday morning to help.  We couldn't have done it without them--I'm really blessed to have such a solid support system in my life.

I kept thinking that as we were lugging furniture and boxes all over the place this weekend--the Lord did not have to provide this place for our first house and these people to help me celebrate it.  I feel incredibly humbled and blessed. I really can't believe this house is where we'll spend our first year(s) of marriage.  Daniel and I talked about that a lot this weekend--we definitely want to use it as a sweet haven for people to come relax, eat, laugh, and enjoy life. Just give me a few days to get things organized! :)

Seriously though, I have no idea where anything is.  I know all of my things are in the house in boxes or tubs or bags, but I'm not sure what things are in what boxes, tubs, and bags.  And nothing stresses me out more than living in a big ol' mess, so I plan to try and get everything put away within the next day or two.  After making about 30 laps around the house rummaging through containers last night and failing at finding what I wanted, I decided to take the whole thing one room at a time, which  resulted in me spending way too much time arranging and rearranging the living room.  

On another exciting note, Daniel and I have been a couple for three years, as of yesterday!  We continue to learn more about each other, so I can only imagine what it'll be like when we're married and living together.  We ate at a yummy barbecue restaurant and spent the afternoon shopping for a few house necessities.

Speaking of living together--moving into the house was incredibly exciting this weekend, yes, but I am so ready for Daniel to join me!  It's weird living in OUR home by myself (so glad I have Penny).  Four plus months, Jordan--you can do this.



No comments:

Post a Comment