Monday, October 7, 2013

Second Plan: Location Hunting

Well, the government is still shut down. But! Daniel and I are still getting married.  I spent a large chunk of the weekend in front of my computer with my phone in my hand.  And guess what? I was reminded that life is sweet and people can be, too (except politicians--I was reminded of the exact opposite when it comes to them).  I found not one but multiple open places and wonderful people who are willing to work with us on cost (everything is usually quite a bit more expensive than the lake, but I explained our Pure Charity deal and they were incredibly receptive!). So I can breathe a little.  I still couldn't tell you for sure where we'll be getting married because I don't know if the shutdown will continue through our wedding date or right up to it, and I'm also not sure exactly when to make the call that we should go ahead and switch the location and call all you lovely guests.  But Daniel and I will begin life as a married couple on October 26th, no matter what.

After talking to a very nice woman on the phone Saturday, I set up an appointment to go tour a possible location.  Yesterday afternoon's weather was absolutely perfect for it, too, so that made the whole situation a little happier.







Whether we have the wedding here or not, you all should take an afternoon and check out Terra Studios right outside of Fayetteville--funky atmosphere and wonderful people!

No comments:

Post a Comment